Dated: 24 April 2020
At Council’s Meeting held remotely for the first time on 22 April 2020, approved the following COVID-19 Community Support Package and authorised the General Manager to implement the package, which will assist all ratepayers and businesses within the Tasman Municipality during this crisis. The package includes -
• No penalties, interest, charges or debt collection for late rate payments will occur up until 30 June 2020.
• Adopt a zero percentage (0%) rate increase of the General Rate for the upcoming financial year 2020-21.
• Adopt a zero percentage (0%) rate increase of all Service Charges for the upcoming financial year 2020-21.
• Adopt a zero percentage (0%) increase for all Fees and Charges for the upcoming financial year 2020-21.
• To refocus our Community Grants Program for 2020-21 to support local non-for-profit organisations and community organisations to help recover their operations so they may rebuild their future resilience.
• Support local businesses recovery and inject funds into the local economy in a timely manner, by settling all creditor invoices within 14 days of receipt (or sooner), irrespective of normal or contracted trading terms.
• Approved the new ‘Financial Hardship Policy 2020’, which is effective immediately.
• Approved the General Manager (or delegate) to assess rates hardship claims in relation to the payment of rates, under the newly adopted ‘Financial Hardship Policy 2020’.
If you have any questions or would like to apply for financial hardship, please contact Council Staff by phoning 6250-9200 or emailing to [email protected]
Dated: 05 March 2020
As we, all respond to the challenges of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our community and staff is Tasman Council’s number one priority. We have initiated precautionary measures in response to the outbreak of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus).
While the risk of contracting the COVID-19 is currently very low in Tasmania, we want to do everything we can to act responsibly and help slow the spread. This will allow our local health services to keep up with demand and help protect those most at risk.
In the interest of public safety, we are making some changes in the way we deliver services in accordance with advice from the Department of Health. Effective from Monday 23 March 2020 the Tasman Council Office and Depot Work Site will be closed to the public until further notice to support COVID-19 containment measures.
Council will continue to operate. We seek the community’s support in considering the way it interacts with Council. Many transactions and public requests can be dealt with via phone or email.
We ask that you contact Council on (03) 6250 9200 or email [email protected] if possible rather than visiting us in person. We anticipate service delivery to our community may be affected and likely to be ongoing until the pandemic subsides.
COUNCIL FACILITIES AND EVENTS:
Tasman Council’s Community Halls and Recreational Facilities are closed until further notice. Council has put additional hygiene practices (including more frequent cleaning) in place at all of our public toilets including our Council Office and Depot. All non-essential meetings and events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
For further information visit our Public Health Information page https://www.tasman.tas.gov.au/servicesfacilities/public-health-information/ or https://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/news/2020/coronavirus_update
|Date:||Thursday, 23 January, 2020|