Dated: 24 April 2020
At Council’s Meeting held remotely for the first time on 22 April 2020, approved the following COVID-19 Community Support Package and authorised the General Manager to implement the package, which will assist all ratepayers and businesses within the Tasman Municipality during this crisis. The package includes -
• No penalties, interest, charges or debt collection for late rate payments will occur up until 30 June 2020.
• Adopt a zero percentage (0%) rate increase of the General Rate for the upcoming financial year 2020-21.
• Adopt a zero percentage (0%) rate increase of all Service Charges for the upcoming financial year 2020-21.
• Adopt a zero percentage (0%) increase for all Fees and Charges for the upcoming financial year 2020-21.
• To refocus our Community Grants Program for 2020-21 to support local non-for-profit organisations and community organisations to help recover their operations so they may rebuild their future resilience.
• Support local businesses recovery and inject funds into the local economy in a timely manner, by settling all creditor invoices within 14 days of receipt (or sooner), irrespective of normal or contracted trading terms.
• Approved the new ‘Financial Hardship Policy 2020’, which is effective immediately.
• Approved the General Manager (or delegate) to assess rates hardship claims in relation to the payment of rates, under the newly adopted ‘Financial Hardship Policy 2020’.
If you have any questions or would like to apply for financial hardship, please contact Council Staff by phoning 6250-9200 or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information visit our Public Health Information page https://www.tasman.tas.gov.au/servicesfacilities/public-health-information/ or https://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/news/2020/coronavirus_update
|Date:||Thursday, 23 January, 2020|