Tasman will continue to progress as an innovative and vibrant community, valuing its people, environment and heritage while building a sustainable and diverse future.
Tasman – custodians of the past; investors in the future
Tasman Council will be responsive to its community by:
- Providing effective and strategic leadership;
- Working in partnership with the community to progress its ideas, values and needs;
- Identifying and acting on current and emerging priorities and service needs;
- Enhancing economic growth opportunities through sound planning and leadership;
- Responding efficiently to the expectations of the community through quality and value-for-money service; and
- Adopting a creative and progressive approach to all we do.
Statement of Values
Tasman Council will operate in a way that:
- values our historic, cultural and natural environment and the things that make the Municipality such a unique place to live and work;
- seeks and encourages quality sustainable, innovative and compatible development;
- fosters and supports community participation and involvement, tolerance and pride in our community; and
- promotes and maintains a community that is healthy, active, skilled and informed.