Tasman Waste Collection Service
As of 1 July 2017 Tasman Council commenced a new waste contract with Veolia Environmental Services for a 5 year term.
The routine fortnightly collection is as follows;
- From Council boundary at Dunalley, Murdunna, Sommers Bay, Eaglehawk Neck, Taranna through to Port Arthur, Carnavon, Stormlea to White Beach turnoff
- From White Beach turnoff into White Beach, Nubeena (including Nubeena Back Road), Roaring Beach, Saltwater River, Sloping Main, Premaydena, Koonya to Arthur Highway
Click here for a current waste collection calendar
|Category:||Waste Management Services 2017-2018|
|Date:||Monday, 11 September, 2017|
NEW 240L RECYCLING BIN
Council is now able to offer all ratepayers with a currently waste collection to increase their recycling bin from the current 120L bin to a 240L bin. If this is something that you would be interested in, please contact Council at your earliest convenience and we will arrange the new bin for you.
Tips to ensure your bin is collected:
- Place both your recycling bin and rubbish bin out for collection the night before (Friday) or no later than 6am on your collection day (Saturday)
- Make sure there is a distance of at least 1 metre between your bins and obstacles such as poles or trees
- Bins must face the road with handles facing your house
All residents have a green 120 litre wheelie bin for recycling and a 240 litre wheelie bin (red lid) for rubbish to be collected each fortnight. Please observe these requirements to assist with your collection:
- The 240 litre bins (red lid) are for domestic waste only, such as food scraps and non-recyclable items. Do not put bricks, heavy timber or steel in the bin. These materials can damage the collection equipment.
- No paint, chemicals, liquids or motor oil.
- Number your bin lid to protect against loss or theft.
- Bag all items, especially dust and loose materials to prevent jamming and aviod spillage during collections.
- Do not place rubbish beside or on top of the bin.
- Remove bin from kerbside as soon as possible after collection.
If your bin is damaged or goes missing, you will need to advise Council in order for a replacement bin to be distributed. Your first replacement bin is free, subsequent bins will incur a replacement fee. Council encourages households to number your bin clearly to deter theft. If you wish to apply for an extra bin please contact Council. Additional waste collection charges will apply.
Where your rubbish goes:
Contents from your domestic waste bin is transported to the Copping Landfill Site. This site is not open to the public.
Nubeena Transfer Station
Located at Tip Road, Nubeena there is the Nubeena Transfer Station. Open hours are as follows;
- Tuesday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Wednesday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Saturday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Sunday – 12:00pm to 4:00pm
The following fees apply for the disposal of rubbish at the transfer station;
- Domestic (household) Waste – $16.50 or $3.00 per bag (whichever is less)
- Recyclables – $16.50m3
- Green Waste – $5.50m3
- White Goods – $10.00 per item
- Metal, Oils and Batteries – No Charge
- Commercial & Construction Waste – $28.00m3
- Tyres – cars, motor cycles (per tyre) – $7.00 each
- Tyres – light truck, 4WD (per tyre) – $10.00 each
- Truck Tyres (per tyre) – $15.50 each
Southern Waste Solutions
Mobile Phone Recycling
Recycing your old mobile phones through MobileMuster is easy and free;
- Drop them off at the Nubeena Council Offices (1713 Main Road, Nubeena)
- Post them in using a free reply paid recycling satchel available from any Australia Post agent
- Go to www.mobilemuster.com.au to find your nearest drop-off points or download a mailing label
For more information on why and where to recycle with MobileMuster go to www.mobilemuster.com.au
What parts of the phone is eligable?
Printer Cartridges Recycling
You can drop off your old printer cartridges for recycling through ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark’ at the Nubeena Council Offices (1713 Main Road, Nubeena).
What Can Be Recycled Through The Program?
All inkjet cartridges, toner cartridges and toner bottles from participating brands can be placed in the ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark’ box.
- Mixed cartridges
- Inkjet cartridges
- Laser cartridges
- Toner bottles
- Fuser and drum units
- Print heads and Waste hoppers/containers collectors and kits
The participating brands that are taking responsibility for the cartridges they produce are:
- Konica Minolta
For more information visit http://cartridges.planetark.org