ARE AUSTRALIAN PLAYING RENOVATION ROULETTE?
The First Line of Defense Against the ‘Third Wave’ of Asbestos-Related Cancers
Did you know that if your house or apartment was built or renovated before the mid 1980s (even if it is brick) that your home will most likely contain asbestos in some form?
- One in three Australian homes contain asbestos
- Nearly all homes built or renovated before the mid 1980s will contain asbestos in some form
- Asbestos is not restricted to fibro homes – it can also be found in brick, weatherboard or cladded homes in bathrooms, kitchens, laundries, garages and ceilings, behind tiles and under carpet or lino(among other locations)
- Australia has one of the highest incidences of asbestos related cancers in the world
- With one in three Australian homes containing asbestos, the acknowledged ‘Third Wave’ of victims will be homeowners and families exposed to asbestos fibres during home renovations or maintenance
For more information please visit www.asbestosawareness.com.au